Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Call For A Unified Job Application Process

I know this is asking a lot, but why can't it happen? Coming out of college, I felt I was at a disadvantage. I didn't know how to write a cover letter. I barely had a good resume. I was never taught how to do such things. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Was I wrong!

Was I the only one coming out of college who felt they missed something? I know there were classes teaching how to write these documents, but I couldn't take them and didn't have the time to do it. I got taught everything I needed to do my job in school except how to get it.

Why do some companies only ask for a resume and your name, email and phone number on their web site, while others want essays, cover letters, accomplishments etc?

I realize they have every right to. It's their company and their money they are going to be paying out to have you do the work. They want to choose the right person. I'm just asking for a consistent application process from one company to the next.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=9156edd153ff3e4bc2b97ae9b1051371