Sunday, August 31, 2008

Connections Through LinkedIn - Networking

I have recently realized my efforts to land a job based purely on my ability to search job postings may not be enough. After recently discovering Linkedin, I learned about my 'Connections'. Instead of just searching job postings, I should try and use networking to meet someone on the inside willing to help me out.

I can see that using connections can really help me to network, so after the Labor Day holiday I'm going to try and learn to do this using Linkedin. I'm new to this so the first couple of tries may be a little rough. It just takes practice though.

I looked at some of the job postings on Linkedin and I see most of them are networked to one of my connections. It tells me that people in my network are related to the job posting are open to helping me get the job. It's a little misleading to me at first, but I figured out that I'll have to get introduced to them through my connection. In other words, I know a person who knows a person that can get me a job.

I'll see how this goes and let you know how it works out.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=9156edd153ff3e4bc2b97ae9b1051371