Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Need A Job!

Hi all,

I used to work for Raytheon down in Tucson, AZ. I worked there for a little over a year, earned a pretty good paycheck, had a steady job, bought a nice truck, and pretty much had it made. But there was only one thing: It wasn't for me.

I know what you're saying. "What the hell? Are you stupid? You work for Raytheon. That's awesome." Well, not really. I didn't like the work I was doing. I wasn't using anything of what I learned in school. I was tired of the Arizona heat.

I adopted the belief from my family that something isn't worth doing if you're not happy doing it. I didn't feel like it was right for me to stay there if I was going to be ungrateful for being paid very well for doing something I did not like.

It was time to try something different. So after a year and couple months of having a job, and a couple months before that of looking for a job after college, I'm back to square one.

I moved to Lake Forest, CA in July 2008 in hopes of landing a new engineering job. I want to try and find something having to deal with designing computer circuits with microcontrollers, and resistors, and LED screens and whatnot. Something having to do with digital design which I think is awesome. Probably because it was the thing I was best at in college.

So here I am, up every day early in the morning searching the net. I know all of the happening sites, local and national. I have many resumes and cover letters. I have a little job system set up so I don't lose my mind wondering what the hell I'm doing. I keep track of everything. It's great.

Maybe someone will see me standing out from the crowd. Maybe they won't.

But, all I need is one "You're hired" though, right?

Happy hunting.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=9156edd153ff3e4bc2b97ae9b1051371