Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Staffing Agency Office Visits

I've had a couple visits to different staffing agencies here in Orange County. I was contacted this week by ConsultNet and MacArthur Associates about dropping in for an hour and going over what it is I'm looking for and what they can do to help me.

Before these visits, I had only been called by a staffing company about open positions. I never thought I would be going in to talk to them personally. I think the main reason I had made a walk-in visit was a distance issue. ConsultNet and MacArthur are local to me, with no more than a 15 minute drive. Others were probably too much of a drive.

How it works

From what I understood, staffing companies are paid by the companies being staffed. Nothing will come out of my paycheck and I don't pay any fees. The staffing companies work directly with hiring managers and try to satisfy a skill requirement rather than fill an open position.

How it went

The office visits were great. I came and signed in, didn't wait any more than 5 minutes, and met with the particular person that had contacted me. They are all great people and really want to understand what you are looking to do.

After taking a lot of notes about my work history, college experience, and my desired career direction, I met all of the people working to help me land my next job. I was happy with what they were doing for me and hope it works out.

3 comments:

Meg said...

That's how I got my job!! They're a really good resources and thankfully do a lot of the work for you.
Good luck! :)

Steve said...

Yea when I walked in, the places were really active and people were moving around, getting things done. I have a good feeling about all of this.

Susan said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://www.car-insurance-choices.com

 
ss_blog_claim=9156edd153ff3e4bc2b97ae9b1051371