Thursday, September 4, 2008

Unexepcted Unemployed Story

OK so I was doing some searching today about Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, IBM, and Boeing jobs around Irvine and I found a blog of someone who went through a similar situation like mine.

He was in a contract engineering position and was out of work for almost 4 months before finding a permanent engineering position. Here is a link to his blog post. I definitely recommend giving it a read.

I'd like to ask him some questions about the different things he did during this time and post his responses here. I think it'd be a great benefit to me, as well as anyone finding themselves in the same position.

2 comments:

WayneJohn said...

Lol, nice, another software dev in OC with a blog. I didn't think it possible. Cheers bro, I'll be checking out a few more posts.

I've been getting more calls from recruiters lately. Seems the market may be picking up a bit.

(my real blog is www.waynejohn.com, you're comments didn't allow me to specify that)

Steve said...

Yep. I hope to find more also. Thanks for commenting.

If you dont mind my asking, what recruiting companies are you working with? I have a few I could tell you about as well.

Ill be sure to hit up your blog as well.

 
ss_blog_claim=9156edd153ff3e4bc2b97ae9b1051371