Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Updates - September 3, 2008

Just to update everyone:

So far since moving out here I've had a few phone interviews with several companies in the Orange County area. Nothing has really come together yet but I'm glad to be getting results so soon.

I've also gotten a lot of new leads on possible job opportunities in Orange County. I knew there were a ton of openings, but every time I do a search I find hundreds more! Now I know why they call it the City of Industry.

Linkedin.com is quickly becoming another of my favorite job search tools. It's a great service helping you network with other people in your geographic area and that have similar career interests. I haven't had a lot of time to do much networking on it, however I'm getting into it. I plan on getting some introductions set up to some engineering and human resources employees at companies listed on Linkedin.

Lastly, I keep improving my little job application system. It's definitely helping me to keep everything organized and it saves so much time. I hope to be able to show all of you readers more information about it. I'm planning on creating an e-book sometime in the near future as well to illustrate how it works.

Ok that's all for now. Back to work.

2 comments:

yeloh-powah said...

Thanks for visiting my site... you should check out Northrop Grumman. They have sites in El Segundo, Redondo Beach and San Pedro. It may be a bit of a drive from the OC, but there are plenty of openings there.

... Alan
www.buildurempire.com

Steve said...

Yea, I have checked out a few of their postings in El Segundo. I think it may be too far of a drive though.

 
ss_blog_claim=9156edd153ff3e4bc2b97ae9b1051371